In this review, I will be comparing the Top 10 Best Bicycles in India under 10000. I will be looking at the overall quality, price as well as feature like suspension, gear etc. All products selected are geared cycles priced below 10000 for Adults.
Buying a budget bike is generally more difficult. You need to research the product well else you will spend a lot of time and money maintaining the same.
Well, so which is the best cycle in India below 10000?
So, if you are not looking to read the entire review, you can simply buy Mach City iBike or Hercules Roadeo A50 depending upon the type of cycle you are looking for. The Mach City iBike is more of a city bike and Hercules A50 is an MTB.
One more good option that you can consider is the Btwin Riverside 100.
Having said this, you still need to have the right expectations. You cannot compare Rs. 10,000 cycle with a really well made Rs. 20,000 bicycle. There will be a difference in the quality of components used.
Best Cycles in India Under 10,000
1. Hercules Roadeo A50
If you are looking to make a statement with your bike, this cycle will certainly get you the attention. The bicycle looks really nice and premium. The decals used are bright and modern looking. This is easily one of the best Hercules gear cycles below 10000 in India.
The cycle rides really well. You can go over minor bumps and potholes on the road with ease. If you are not planning on riding more than 25 km a day, this bike will suit you really well. You can look at upgrading the saddle later on for more comfort.
This bicycle is available in a cool yellow colour on Flipkart. (Link below the picture)
Check live price and user review – Amazon
A lot of people messaged me stating the A50 is showing as out of stock at their pin code. You can also look at the Hercules Roadeo Rampage (Use this link for the latest price) which has similar features. The main difference between the two models is that Rampage uses a steel frame while A50 has an aluminium alloy frame.
- The front wheel uses a disc brake, while the rear tyre is equipped with a wire brake.
- The frame is made of lightweight aluminium alloy
- The bike comes with 21 gears. The gear type used is thumb/easy fire shifters (Shimano)
- The cycles also have a front suspension. This really helps on bumpy roads
- Tyres are 26 inches
You May Like – Best Bicycles with Gears in India.
2. Mach City iBike
This bicycle also featured in our list of best cycles in India. This shows how good a product it is, even if it is priced below Rs. 10,000. This is the perfect bicycle for someone looking to commute say around 10 to 15 kilometres a day.
This bicycle has multiple price variations and is available on both Flipkart and Amazon (Link under the image). The cycle is available in Red, White, Matt Black, Blue & Grey colours.
- Does not come with any disc brakes or suspensions. This helps keep the weight down on this city bike.
- The brakes used on both wheel are regular wire brakes.
- The frame is made using lightweight steel
- Tyre size is 26 inches
- It comes with 21 Shimano gear system with thumb shifters.
- Both front wheel and seat post come with a quick release system for easy maintenance.
- Pedals built using Velodrive technology to reduce strain while riding difficult terrains.
3. Btwin Riverside 100
Btwin Riverside 100 is a really good hybrid bicycle. You can use it for commutes near or for your casual rides around the park. It is a very versatile product and can be used in multiple ways. You can easily carry this bicycle with you for your weekend off-road trail rides.
If you are looking for a simple yet high-quality product, I suggest go for this bike.
Check live price – Decathlon India
- The frame is made using steel.
- It does not have any shock absorbers.
- 6 Speed gears with Revo shifters.
- Brakes – V brakes
4. Hero Traveller
A beautiful looking single speed bicycle. It is a hybrid bike with 700c (thin tyres). A perfect buy for someone who is looking for an inexpensive but fast bicycle to commute across the city.
Check the Latest Price & User Reviews – Flipkart
A simple but elegant bicycle model. It does not have any gears, disc brakes or suspension. However, the build quality and frame design are superior compared to a lot of bicycles in this segment.
You can upgrade the brakes if you feel their performance is not good enough, especially during the rains.
5. Huffy Granite
This model has a lot in common with the Hero bicycle I discussed above. This bike also comes with a rigid frame, no gears or disc brakes. The only major difference between the two is the tyres. Huffy Granite comes with a regular pair while the Hero sprint comes equipped with 700c
Check Latest Price & Availability – Amazon
The company also offer a slightly premium model of the same bike. That model comes with slightly more attractive colours and is also equipped with gears. You can compare that mode by clicking here.
6. Hercules Roadeo Hardliner
Hardliner is made using aluminium alloy frame. The bicycle is equipped with 18 gears to help you conquer multiple different types of terrains.
The frame size for this model is 18.5 Inches, which is ideal for average Indian cyclist (Height between 5 feet 3 Inches to 5 feet 9 inches)
Check more User Review & Price Online – Amazon
The bicycle does not come with additional accessories like mudguards or side stand. You will have to buy them separately while placing the order.
This is a hardtail model. It means it comes with a front suspension to make your ride more comfortable.
The cycle uses V brakes, which can be adjusted easily and are good enough for regular use.
This model is available in silver/white colour. It will look good for both teenagers as well as adults. However, if you are looking for something more colourful and made for teen, you can consider the Hercules Roadeo Maverick (Use the link for more details)
7. bikeARK Orb (Fixie Cycle)
You would immediately notice that this is not your regular bicycle. It cycle looks amazing but you should not buy it for its looks. It is a fixie cycle. If you do not know what a fixie bike is, keep reading. I will explain it in a brief.
This bike has two modes of operations. It has a rear flip flop hub. You can use this to change the mode of operation.
- Fixie mode or Fixed Gear – In this mode, the bicycle moves only when you feet pedal. If you stop pedalling the bicycle will immediately stop. Think of it like your pedals are hard-wired to your back wheel. The wheel moves only when you move the pedal.
- Freewheel mode – This is like your regular bicycle. In this mode, you can stop pedalling but the bicycle will still keep cruising.
I hope this helps you understand how this bicycle works.
Check live price and user review – Flipkart
- Nice clean sleek design. If you like attractive bikes that go fast. You can buy this product.
- As the name suggests, this is a fixie bike. It does not have gears
- The frame is made using steel but it is light compared to other bicycles on this list.
- It does not have suspensions.
- Tire size is 26 Inches.
- It also sports a bullhorn handlebar for extra comfort during long rides
Riding in the fixie mode requires some practice. I suggest going slow for a couple of months before trying to speed up.
8. Kross Maximus
The bike looks really good. I love the black colour on it and the minimalist decals. The bike looks simple but works really well. It is a well built robust bicycle. It has a front suspension to take you over the rough terrains and trails.
Tip – You can actually remove the stickers altogether to get a nice clean black look.
- The frame is made out of stainless steel. The makes the bike a bit bulky.
- The front wheel has a disc brake while the rear wheel has a regular wired one.
- Comes with front suspension
- 21-speed gears with Shimano thumb shifters
9. Hero Ranger DTB VX
This is the third bicycle in our list of best bicycles in India under 10000. This cycle is built for two reasons:
This cycle is all bright and colourful. The kids just love it. It has everything that the kids would need. Dual suspension for their rough riding. Carries to carry their bags/toys. A nice comfortable stance/sitting posture to have fun with their friends while riding.
Check live price and user review – Amazon
This MTB bike is available in two different variations:
- 6 Speed and 18 Speed Gears
- Black + Green colour variation & Black + Red.
- Refer to the product page (Link above) as the variants have slightly different specs.
10. Hercules Roadeo A275
This is the third Hercules Roadeo on the list so far. They are good, I do not have any other choice but to include them in the Top 10 list. This particular variant is available in two different colours online. Red & Blue.
I personally really like the colours and the decals on the bike. The Roadeo A275 is easily the best-looking budget cycles in India.
Check live price and user review – Currently Out of Stock on Flipkart
- This is a 21 speed geared cycle with Shimano derailleurs (Thumb shifters)
- The frame is really well made. It uses an aluminium alloy.
- The front wheel has a disc brake, while the back wheel has normal wired brakes.
- The tyre size is 27.5 inch (Larger compared to regular 26 Inch tyres)
11. Atlas Voltage
We don’t get a lot of bicycles nowadays with raised handlebar right out of the factory. These were quite common a few years back. I really like this additional feature. This immediately adds a comfort ride option to your bicycles. Helps you give your back the much need comfort once in a while during the ride.
The bicycle has a nice Black and Gold colour
This is a similar model to the one above(Number 3). The main difference is that this cycle has only front shock absorbers. To be honest, I would prefer a budget bicycle without shock absorbers (Or with just the front ones). This gives you better build quality.
Remember, if 2 bicycles are selling the same cost but one has premium features. The manufacturer of the premium bicycle will have to cut costs elsewhere to make a profit.
I hope that was not too confusing 🙂
Check live price and user review – Flipkart
- Non-Geared (Single Gear Cycle)
- Uses wire brakes on the back wheels, while the front wheel has a disc brake.
- The frame is made using mild steel
- Comes with only front suspension
- Has plastic mudguards and steel carrier attached,
- Tyre size is 26 Inches. The wheel uses a double wall alloy rim.
12. Kross K-40
Kross is comparatively a new brand in India. However, I really liked this bicycle. You get a nicely balanced bicycle for the price you pay. This bicycle is again in the comfort bike category. It is not meant to be used for long distance riding.
You can use it for your daily exercise routine or a casual ride around the park.
Check live price and user review – Flipkart
- The frame is made up of lightweight steel.
- It comes equipped with 21 gears. ‘However, the shifters used are Revo shifters. These shifters are not as efficient/easy to use as the thumb shifters.
- Both front and back tires use wire brakes
- It comes with both rear and front suspension for extra comfort.
Important Tip: Bicycles bought online come in a semi-assembled state (80 to 90% assembled – depending on brand and model bought). You can do it on your own. This will help you know your bicycle inside out. If not, you can take the help of the nearby cycle shop.
These bicycles can be good starter bicycles for teens. They can use them rough terrains, have fun, while not splurging a ton of money on their ride. If you a mid-aged adult planning on taking up cycling to keep fit, again the bicycles listed on this post can be a good starting point. It lets you explore your passion for cycling without committing too much financially. Once you get your confidence back, you can go for better bicycles priced under 30000.
Things to keep in mind while buying a budget bicycle:
- Try to buy the bicycle with minimum features. Most people will not need a dual suspension bicycle for riding on roads (I will recommend you buy a cycle with no suspensions – rear or front)
- You will need gears only if you plan to ride for longer distances. The other reason for buying a geared cycle is to ride over difficult terrains like hilly areas/bridges etc – Buying a geared cycle will be a good decision for most people
- Check if the bicycle comes equipped with essential accessories like the side stand, mudguard or a bicycle bell (Depends on your requirements) – Most budget bicycles might avoid these to save on cost. It will be good if you can order the same while you buy your bicycle.
- Maintain your bicycle well. Clean it regularly. Lubricate moving parts such as chains, derailleurs etc on regular basis. If you take care of your cycle, it will last you longer and will require less cost to be spent on maintaining it.
This concludes this review on the Best Bicycles in India under 10000. I hope this post helped you with your purchase. If you would like to review your bike on my blog, just leave a comment below. Also, do share your purchase experience as well as a video on how you assembled the bike.
Have a good day!