It is often good to have a pre-decided budget in mind before going shopping. So today I have come up with the list of best bicycles in India under 20000 that you can buy online. This is a good enough budget if you looking for a quality entry level cycle in India.
I have looked at the following criteria’s while compiling the list:
- The first criteria being very obvious that the cycles have to be priced below Rs. 20,000
- Overall ride quality
- Gears systems and their quality for ease of ride across terrain
- Frame quality
If you are not looking at spending time reading the entire list, you can simply go for Montra Trance Pro. You get a really good deal with this bicycle. The ride and build quality of the cycle is amazing when you look at the price that you paying for it (Sub 20,000 INR)
Best Cycles Under 20000
1. Montra Trance
As disclosed at the beginning of the article, I feel this is the best bicycle in India under 20000 currently. It is a hybrid bicycle. Hence, It is very versatile and can be used on almost any terrain. You can ride your way to office over paved roads over the weekday and then take it on an off-road trail over the weekend.
The bicycle is built really well and robust. The ride quality is really good. You can use it for recreational rides in the park or for your daily commute to work/college.
- The frame is nicely designed and built using mild steel.
- The bicycle comes with 21 gears (Shimano). The shifting mechanism used is thumb/fire shifters
- Tyre size is 26 inches. The wheel frame is built using double reinforced alloy.
- Uses normal wire brakes on both front and rear tyres.
- It has a front suspension, so you can ride this bicycle without much issues on slightly bad roads too.
- The handlebar used is BMX style.
Do Read – Best Montra Cycles in India
2. Hercules NFS Roadeo
This bicycle is ideal for teenagers or people who are young at heart :). The decals used are really bright and colourful. You are sure to be instantly noticed on the road.
The bicycle, however, is built really well. It feels very durable and robust while riding. The best part about buying Hercules cycles is that you can find shops that can service this brand easily. The service and parts are also cheaper compared to some of the not so popular or foreign brands.
Check Live Price & Reviews – Amazon
- The frame used in this bicycle is made using mild steel.
- The rear wheel of the bicycle uses a disc brake. While the front uses a regular wire brake.
- Comes with a decent front suspension. The handlebar used is BMX style.
- The tyre size is 26 inches. The rim is made using double reinforced alloy.
- The cycle has a fewer gear compared to Montra Trance. This bicycle has 18 gears but uses the same thumb shifters. The front derailleur is made by Shimano, however, the rear derailleur is not.
- This bicycle comes with mudguards.
3. Cosmic Trium
A great bicycle from a not so known brand in India. Cosmic Trium is top selling bicycles in India. This is simply because you get so much value for the money you pay for this bicycle. One of the best gear cycles in India below 20000.
However, since most of the value is derived from the high-quality components used in the bike. Some of the accessories are not that high quality. I would say, they should simply stop shipping out accessories and just focus on the bicycles.
If you do get a broken water bottle, I don’t think that is a big issue. The main thing I look for when I buy a bicycle is the build quality. I should not be spending time repairing the bike. This product fulfils the same. I will say just ignore the accessories (You can buy better quality ones later and go for this bicycle if you liked it)
- The frame is built using mild steel.
- It has 21 gears with Shimano fire shifters. Both front and rear derailleur are from Shimano (Both Amazon and Flipkart are different variants. So check the product page for exact product code)
- The bicycle has a front suspension
- Tyre size is 28 inches
- The rear wheel has a disc brake while the front uses a regular wire braking system.
- The bicycle comes along with accessories like bottle holder, water bottle, lock, front and backlight for the bike,
4. Montra Helicon Disc – Hybrid City Bike
This bicycle also featured in our best bicycles in India post. As I have said earlier. This bicycle not only looks like a beast but performs like one too. I really liked the handling of the bicycle. It is very built and feels like a solid bicycle on bumpy roads.
The full black colour of the bicycle adds to its charm. The tyres are slick enough to make your ride zippy. They grip the road well too. It is one of the Best Hybrid Bicycles available in India currently.
Check Live Price & Reviews – Amazon
- This is the only bicycle in the list which sports an alloy frame(6061 aluminium). These frames are easier to maintain and generally lighter compared to regular steel frames.
- Both the front and back tyres come equipped with disc brakes.
- It comes with 21 gears (Shimano)
- The tyres used are Kenda 27.5 Inches
- The bicycle has a rigid fork (No suspensions)
5. Cosmic Voyager – Comfort Bicycle
This is the only comfort bicycle on my list. Comfort bicycles are generally meant for leisure riding. They are not built for riding long distances. The high handlebars help you keep an upright posture while riding. These are good bicycles for casual rides or exercising.
The design of these bicycles is quite fluid and modern. The mudflaps used on the bicycle has their pros and cons. They are made out of plastic and hence are cheaper and lighter. However, they can easily break during a mishap.
Check Live Price & Reviews – Flipkart
- The frame is made out of steel. It is slightly heavier compared to other bicycles on the list. In a way, this makes it good for exercising as you need to put in extra effort to get it going.
- It has 21 gears with Shimano shifters.
- Both the front and back tyres are equipped with disk brakes.
- Both the seat as well as handlebars can be adjusted for height.
- This bicycle has zoom suspension on the front. It also has a steel suspension for the rear. This makes your ride comfortable on most terrains.
The bicycles you buy online come only 80 to 90% assembled. You will have to assemble them on your own (Or use a bicycle store) – But I will say this is the most fun part about buying a bicycle online.
What are the factors to consider while buying a Bicycle in India?
- Always check the bicycle frame size on the product page before you place an order. Use a frame size according to your height. If you are unsure of the frame size you should buy, visit a cycle shop nearby and try a few different sizes.
- Check the wheel size. 26 Inch tyres are one of the most common sizes of tyres in India. You will be able easily to buy replacement tyres or tubes in almost any bicycle shop in India.
- Number of Gears – I will suggest buy a gearless cycle or a cycle with a minimum number of gears. This not only makes your cycles lighter but also cheaper. You will need gears basis the terrain you plan on riding your cycle on. If there are multiple uphill/bridges etc, go for a geared cycle.
- Brakes are the most underrated feature on any bicycle. Considering the India traffic conditions and rains, It will be good if you bicycle has basic mechanical disc brakes. They perform well even during rains and will keep you safer.
I hope this review on the best bicycles in India under 20000 helped you select the right bicycle for your budget. If you would like to share your purchase experience or pictures of your bicycle etc with me and readers of BicycleXP, do leave a comment below and I will surely get in touch with you.
Create your own Private or Public groups related to Cycling for Free – Click Here for More