Rs. 30,000 is a really good budget to have to buy your first bicycle. You can buy well made and a balanced bicycle with a good alloy frame. The bicycles can have a variety of good components like disc brakes and gears to make your ride quality even better. Hence, I have compiled a list of Best cycles in India under 30000.
This budget also provides the flexibility to either buy an MTB (Mountain Bicycles), Hybrid or a Road bicycle to commute over a long or medium range distance. Buy a good bicycle also ensures reliability and you need to spend less later on maintenance.
If you looking just for a single recommendation, I suggest you for Montra Blues. At the time of writing this review, the bicycle was available on Amazon for a price well below Rs. 30,000. It is a hybrid bicycle, which gives you the benefit of both, Mountain as well as Road Bicycles.
Best Bicycles Under 30000 in India
1. Montra Blues 1.2 – City Bicycle
Montra as a brand has consistently featured on our best bicycles list. It is an Indian brand owned by TI Cycles (Owner of Hercules & BSA Cycles in India). This particular model, Blues 1.2 looks really nice and modern. The looks are enhanced by the Black and Blue colour combination used on the frame and other components.
This is a hardtail bicycle. The frame is lightweight and combined with a flat handlebar is easy to ride. You can use it on road for daily commutes or for a recreational ride in the evenings.
Check Latest Price in India – Amazon
- The bicycle frame uses a lightweight 6061 Aluminium alloy.
- The cycle has an 8×3 (24) gear combination. The product is equipped with Shimano Altius as the front derailleur and Shimano Acera as the rear derailleur.
- The shifting of the gear is quite smooth. It uses Shimano Altius SL-M310 thumb shifters.
- The bicycle frame has a slant on the top. This makes it easy for women cyclists to use this bicycle with ease too.
- The cycles come with dual mechanical disc brakes. Even the brake levers are made out of metal alloy (Promax XL-90) to give you better performance and reliability.
- The cycle uses XMR 700C, double walled alloy rims and Wanda BMX style tyres.
2. Ghost SE1200
Ghost bicycles is a relatively young brand. This was formed in North Bavaria in the year 1993 by two bike enthusiasts. They are known for producing high-quality professional bicycles.
The SE1200, on similar lines, is a quality MTB from this brand. It has a minimalistic black and green coloured frame and looks quite elegant.
Check Ghost SE1200 Price online – Flipkart
- The bicycle frame is made using Aluminium alloy
- The cycle has Shimano Altus as the rear derailleur and Shimano Tourney on the front – A total of 24 gears
- Tire Size: 26 inches, uses Impac Ridgepac 2.1 tyres
- The bicycle is equipped with Tektro V-Brakes.
- Handlebars: GHOST Low Rizer light 640 mm 31.8 mm
- Seatpost: GHOST light SP DC 1 31.6 mm. Saddle used is GHOST VL 1535
3. Schwinn Super Sport 2
If you can stretch your budget slightly higher above 30,000 INR, you can go for the Schwinn Super Sport 2. This is an ideal bicycle for someone looking to commute daily at a distance of 10+ Kms. This product is a perfect example of mountain bike being made hybrid to suit the roads.
Check Latest Price Online – Flipkart
- The cycle is equipped with a light-weight triple-butted aluminium frame. It has a Cromoly fork design for a smooth and comfortable ride over longer distances.
- The bicycle uses Shimano gear components for trouble free and easy shifting of gears. The front derailleur uses Shimano Altus, FD-M191, 3-Speed. While the rear derailleur uses Shimano Acera, RD-M360, 8-Speed. Thus giving you a total of 24 gear combinations
- Comes with dual Ektro Aires disc brakes for enhanced braking performance.
- The bicycle wheels are equipped with double-walled alloy rims with Kenda K-193 700x32c tyres.
4. Lapierre Shaper 100
Lapierre is a French brand founded in the year 1946. The brand is known the world over for its endurance bikes and MTBs. The shaper is a really good bicycle for someone who is just starting out but has ambitions to take part in bicycle races that happen in India.
This bicycle is a perfect combination of stability, speed and comfort. There are hardly a few bicycles available in India that can match this feat.
Check Latest Price of Shaper 100 in India – Flipkart
- The cycle uses a special Shaper Aluminium Alloy 6061 frame
- The bicycle has 24 gear combinations. Gears used on the bicycle are – Front derailleur: Shimano Claris FD-2403. Rear derailleur: Shimano Claris RD-2400. The bicycle uses Shimano Claris STR243 thumb shifters
- The tyres used on the bicycle are Michelin Dynamic Sports 700X28 mounted on Alex Rims 700C 32H rims.
- The Shaper 100 sports a comfortable gel-filled saddle.
- The bicycle does not have disc brakes. It uses wire brakes on both front and rear tyres.
5. Btwin RockRider 520 MTB
Btwin is a brand of bicycle owned by the sports store chain Decathlon. The brand is known for selling high-quality sports equipment at a very reasonable price. The same can be said about its bicycles as well.
Check Latest Price of RockRider 520 – Decathlon
- This MTB uses a specially designed Btwin Evo alloy frame.
- The bicycle comes equipped with a dual Hayes MX5 disk brakes for efficient braking.
- The cycle uses an adjustable Suntour XCT fork. This helps you ride easily over minor potholes or an off-road trail.
- Gears: The cycle comes with SRAM X3 8-speed rear derailleur. Microshift MS22 front derailleur. SRAM X4 shifters with speed indicators.
- The MTB uses a doubled walled rims with Aero Trail Evo wheels mounted with all-terrain tyres by Btwin (27.5′ x 2′)
6. Montra Unplugged – Road Bike
This is the first and only road bicycle featured on this list. This is a good bicycle for someone who has experience riding and now wants to clock some additional distance at higher speeds. These bicycles are not built for comfort, instead assists the rider to assume a posture to help him/her rider faster.
Check Latest Price in India – Amazon
- The cycle uses a lightweight aluminium alloy frame.
- 14 gears to help you tame a variety of terrains.
- There are no disc brakes. The bicycle uses a standard V-brake system – Promax RC-452. Lack of disk brakes and low gears also further helps the bicycle to keep its weight down.
- Montra Unplugged is fitted with Kenda K191, 700 x 23C tires mounted on XMR 700C, Alloy Double Wall 32H rims.
7. Phoenix Hydra 9
This particular bicycle has all the features to top this list of best cycles in India under 30000. However, there is a small drawback holding down to usage for a lot of people. This bicycle has a large tyre (29 Inches), this makes it slightly difficult cycle to ride for short people (Someone with height below 5’8″)
However, for those who are gifted with height, should definitely go for this bicycle. The ride quality & looks both are superior even compared to Montra Blues I reviewed earlier.
Check Phoenix Hydra 9 Price online – Flipkart
- The bicycle frame is made using 6061 Aluminium alloy with a carbon finish.
- The cycle has Shimano Acera Altus 27 Speed Gears with easy fire shifters.
- Your daily commute is made easy with front SR Suntour Lockout Suspension.
- The bicycle uses double-walled alloy wheels with Kenda 29 Inch Tires.
- The bicycle also has a double hydraulic disc brake system for better braking.
- The bike uses Quando Alloy Quick Release system for ease of maintenance.
8. Ridley TrailFire 27.5 T
Ridley bikes is a Belgium based brand which was established in the year 1997. They are known for their well researched and efficient racing cycles.
TrailFire is one of their most basic designs made for the masses. This particular model is available in both 27.5 and 29 Inch tyre size. The latter being more expensive (Priced above Rs. 50,000 in India)
View various models and colours available – Flipkart
- The frame is made using lightweight 6061 Aluminium alloy.
- This MTB uses high-performance Shimano BR-TX805 Hydraulic Disc Brakes.
- The bicycle uses Kenda Fifty-50-K1104, 27.5 x 2.1-inch tires. It uses the Alex MD19-Alloy Double Wall 32H Disc Rims.
- The TrailFire 1 comes with a Shimano Altus FD-M313 as the front derailleur. It uses Shimano Acera RDM360 as rear derailleur – a total of 24 gears. This shifters used on the bicycle are Shimano Altus SL-M310
9. Schwinn Searcher 4
This is a really good option for some looking for a bicycle to commute in the city. You can use it for daily commutes to office, school or college. The manufacturer provides a 5-year warranty for the fork and 1 Year warranty for Tyres, Wheelset and Drivetrain.
Check availability in your area and latest price in India – Flipkart
- Hardtail model (Comes with only front suspension)
- Aluminium alloy frame
- 29 Inch tyre used, giving you extra speed and comfort
- 21 Gears with easy fire shifters
- Tyre used Schwinn Sport, 700×35c – Rim used is made up of a double-walled alloy.
Note: Most bicycles bought online will come partially assembled (Around 85% assembled on an average). You can use this to know more about your cycle while assembling it. Else, if you find it too difficult to assemble, you can take help of your local bike shop.
I hope this list of the best cycles in India under 30000 helped you select the right bike for your usage. Which cycle brand did you select? How was your shopping experience online? Did you assemble the bicycle yourself? Leave details of the same in the comments section below.
Join India’s first dedicated forum for Cycling – Click Here for More